Graduation Information - Class of 2021
Graduation Updates (included in information below):
- We will be live-streaming the ceremony. To view the ceremony, go to https://youtu.be/AFpLfI0eHxA.
- We will have a photographer taking pictures of our graduates on stage with their diplomas. All graduating students have been sent a link to a shared drive to access the photographs.
- We are no longer required to conduct health screenings or gather contact information for tracing purposes. As such, guests will not have to complete the COVID Attestation form or provide any information on their graduation ticket stub.
- Each graduating student will still be provided with four tickets for family and friends to attend the ceremony. Guest seating will still be arranged in socially-distanced pods.
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks to enter or attend this event. However, unvaccinated individuals older than four years old must wear masks at all times and must be diligent about maintaining proper social-distancing.
- Based on additional guidance received: Facemasks are required to enter the event. However, once seated, vaccinated individuals may remove their masks.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Please check this webpage for updated information about this year's Commencement Ceremony. Specific details may be amended as state and local guidance changes.
Date: Friday, June 25, 2021
Ceremony Time: 6:00 P.M.
Location: Onteora High School Football Field
Guest Arrival Time: 5:00 P.M.
Note: This ceremony is scheduled to proceed rain or shine. However, in the event of severe weather conditions, the event will be postponed to Saturday, June 26 at 10 A.M.
Onteora High School's Commencement Planning Team has designed an in-person ceremony following the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)Guidance for End of Year Celebrations and in accordance with guidelines from the Ulster County Department of Health. While the format of this event resembles our traditional graduation ceremony, several modifications were made to reduce the length of the ceremony, reduce the number of attendees, maximize social-distancing, and follow the latest guidance from the state and county. With everyone's help and cooperation, we will have a memorable event.
In an effort to adhere to the maximum capacity permitted under the state's guidance, each graduating student will be provided with four guest tickets to our ceremony. Only ticket holders will be granted entry to this event. Please note the following protocols:
Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks to enter or attend this event. However, unvaccinated individuals older than four years old, must wear masks at all times and must be diligent about maintaining proper social-distancing.
All guests will enter the ceremony through the track entrance by the bleachers. Handicapped parking is available. For information, contact the High School Principal's Office at (845) 657-8200.
- Guests will be permitted to enter the ceremony beginning at 5:00 P.M. Families are asked to please remain with their parties and proceed to one of the seating areas. Seating areas have been arranged in pods of four, and each pod is properly socially distanced from other pods. Please do not move the chairs.
In an effort to maintain proper social-distancing, while ensuring that every parent is able to receive high-quality photographs of their graduate walking across the stage, we have arranged for a photographer to be present at the event. At the conclusion of the event, all photos will be uploaded into a shared Google Drive that can be accessed by all graduating students.
This event will be live-streamed and recorded. To watch the ceremony, go to https://youtu.be/AFpLfI0eHxA. A copy of the video will be placed in the shared Google Drive within a week of the ceremony.
The availability of restrooms has been reduced. Please plan accordingly.